L5R Duel to Rule Series
We are proud to present, in partnership with Game Universe Brookfield, our first annual 2013 Duel to Rule Rokugan tournament series, featuring Emperor Constructed L5R. This event is intended to be once per month, and provide a casual, fun atmosphere for players hoping to learn more about the L5R game and tournament scene, while winning some booster packs and having a great time!
The first event in the series is at 5 pm, February 25, at Game Universe Brookfield, and will continue as a once per month event. Watch the SomeGuysCards.com Facebook page and Game Universe’s Facebook page for details!
Below are the details from Game Universe’s announcement regarding the event.
The Divine Empress has decreed that Game Universe Brookfield shall be the grounds for a test of the clans in 2013! The clan who secures the greatest number of victories will be declared the Champions of the Game Universe Crimson Dueling Ground (that’s what we’re calling our Game Room now. Red wall paint. Tournaments. With us?) and earn cool prizes, in addition to the right to display their clan mon in the Dueling Ground for an entire year!
Sponsored by SomeGuysCards.com and Game Universe Brookfield, the 2013 Duel to Rule Rokugan will be a constructed tournament played once each month* throughout 2013. The format is Emperor Constructed, and will adhere to the L5R floor rules and card legalities posted by AEG with the following special event rules:
– Entry fee will be $6
– Each match won earns the winner 1 booster pack of their choice.
– Participants must be members of the Imperial Assembly and present their IA number to participate
– Each event will feature 3 rounds.
– Pairings will be determined at random each round, but you will not play the same opponent twice in the same night.
– Each round players will select a settlement in Rokugan that they are playing for.
– The winner of each match claims that settlement for their clan, marking it with an appropriate colored marker on our wall map.
– Once all settlements are claimed, you choose an occupied settlement (which may be of any clan). The winner of the match then adds a marker for the clan of their choice to that city. The clan with the most markers there at the end of the year will claim that city. If there is a tie, the city will not be counted toward a particular clan.
– At the end of the year the Clan with the greatest amount of territory will be declared the victors! In addition to the honor of proving your clan superior, the Empress has declared that the winning faction will earn the right to display its clan mon on the wall of the Crimson Dueling Ground in Game Universe Brookfield for the entire year of 2014!
*Additional events may be scheduled as appropriate.